Orangeville Toyota’s marketing intern, an international student from Germany studying in Canada, shares his impressions of the Toyota Corolla.
First of all a few words about my background. I am an international student from Germany, currently working on my double business degree at the Goodman School of Business at Brock University in St. Catharines. I’ve been working as an intern at Pfaff for the last couple of months.
As I had an appointment on the campus of Brock last weekend, I was given the interesting mission to drive the million-km Toyota Corolla from Vaughan down to St. Catharines.
I really am a car lover and enjoy driving cars in general but…I like cars the German way: fast, sporty and of high perceived quality.
As a matter of fact, I was skeptical about the Corolla at first. However, I thought to myself: “let’s give it a try…”
Honestly? It was fantastic. The Toyota Corolla really is a really nice car to drive, especially for long distances.
There are actually a number of secrets about the Corolla that no one would think of when spotting the car for the first time:
1. Its engine feels strong, especially when putting it into sport mode. But if you want it to, the Corolla runs quietly and very smoothly, you don’t feel any gearshifts, because of the CVT transmission.
2. The handling is direct and sporty on the one hand, but very comfortable and easy to use on the other hand side.
3. It is efficient!!! My average gas consumption for the whole trip was only 6.3 litres per 100 km!
4. It is comfortable. The seats are nicely shaped, and you have more than enough grip without slipping around while driving.
5. It is very, very spacious: Not only does the driver have a lot of legroom but so do all passengers. Furthermore, the storage volume of its trunk is amazing. I was able to put in three large suitcases without a problem.
6. It is affordable, even for a student. The basic price for the Corolla starts at only $15,995!
To put it all into a nutshell: When you are looking for a comfortable, easy to drive, fuel-efficient and at the same time sporty car – at least give the Corolla a try and book a test drive. I guarantee you will be surprised.
Isn’t that a nice secret?