With Extra Care Protection, your new Toyota has inflation-protected coverage from unexpected mechanical failure, road emergencies, and much more. It is an affordable and cost-effective way to guarantee your peace of mind and to protect your investment whether you buy or lease. It will enhance the quality experience of owning your new Toyota while helping to provide enhanced resale value in the future. Ask your Dealer for details regarding a plan that best suits your driving needs.
ECP Mechanical Protection
- Your Toyota consists of thousands of moving parts, so it’s reassuring to know that Toyota Extra Care Protection (ECP) is there to keep you covered.
- ECP PLATINUM and ECP GOLD plans are available for terms up to 7 years or 200,000 km (whichever comes first), and they provide protection beyond Toyota’s New Vehicle Warranty, for an extensive list of vehicle components.
- ECP Platinum Plan Coverage is so comprehensive that there are only a few items that it does NOT cover:
Parts not covered are: all glass (mirrors, heated windshields and rear windows with defroster), fog lamps, lenses, sealed beams, lamps, light bulbs, tires (with the exception of ECP Road Hazard Coverage), wheels or wheel studs, trim, seat frames, convertible top, mouldings, weather-strips, bright metal, sheet metal, body parts (including frame), bumpers, upholstery, carpet, paint, brake rotors and drums, brake linings and pads, batteries and cables, manual clutch disc lining, pressure plate and bushings, throw-out bearings, catalytic converter (which may be covered by Emissions Control Systems Warranties), exhaust system, non-manufacturer installed accessories addition, maintenance services and parts; including all lubricants and filters, belts and hoses, wheel balancing or alignment, any adjustments for air and water leaks, wind noise, squeaks and rattles as well as alignment of bumpers, sheet metal, and body parts are not covered.
ECP Gold covers 17 major mechanical component groups:
- Manual OR Automatic Transmission / Transaxle
- Front / Rear Wheel Drive
- Four Wheel Drive (4WD)
- Cooling System
- Fuel System
- Front / Rear Suspension
- Air Conditioning & Heating (Original equipment or Manufacturer’s Approved Kits only).
- Brake System
- Electrical System
- High Tech Factory Installed
- All sensors, all computers
- Body Interior
- Body Hardware
- Seals & Gasket / Fluids & Filters
- Hybrid Components (For Hybrid vehicles only)
ECP Vehicle Rental Assistance
Alternate Transportation reimbursement, for a maximum of 5 days, if your vehicle must remain at a Toyota dealership overnight due to a warrantable condition requiring longer than eight (8) hours to repair. Additional 5 days if parts are back-ordered, up to $400.
ECP is also fully transferable to a new vehicle owner if you choose to sell your Toyota or Scion during the term of your plan.